Current job opportunities
PhD Students in Material Science and Material Engineering (4 yrs)
||Up to 3 students will be given an opportunity to apply their knowledge, expertise, and initiative to one of three research projects of their preference: (1) Photovoltaic energy materials, (2) Molecular surface functionalization of nanoscale materials for energy storage, (3) High-entropy alloys for armour applications.
|Description: ||Students will be primarily involved in:
Preferred areas of interest and ability include:
- Developing an understanding of the properties and functions of materials at atomistic scale
- Predicting properties of materials based on their atomic structures using first-principle (density functional theory) calculations
- Discovering novel materials that possess desired properties and can be used in technologically advanced applications
- High-performance computing and data analysis
Qualified candidates should...
- knowledge of electronic materials
- solid-state physics
- computer modelling and programming
- have a Master's degree in Material Science, Material Engineering, or Physics
- satisfy academic and English proficiency requirements (please refer to this link for details)
- prior experience with atomistic modelling is a strong asset.
|Details:||Starting date - Sept 2019; duration - 4 years; financial support is available.|
||Please send a cover letter, resume/CV, a copy of the official transcript of academic work completed to date, and English language certificate (if applicable) to rubelo[-at-]mcmaster.ca before Feb 2019. The cover letter should include a brief outline of reasons for interest in the position, as well as a description of how the candidate intends to apply specific skills and abilities to a particular project. Begin the subject line with [MSE PhD]. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until all 3 positions are filled.